About Me

I am Jacky Gomez. I am a 10 grader at HPIAM. I love playing soccer with my friends. The persons most important in my life are my family, my friends and my boyfriend. I love speaking Spanish and not English. I was born and grow up LA. I have 1 sister and 2 brothers.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Memorial Day
What is Memorial Day?: day on which those who died in active military service are remembered, traditionally observed on May 30 but now officially observed on the last Monday in May.
What is the purpose of Memorial Day?:  an American holiday observed on the last Monday of May, honors men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971.
When is it?: Monday, May 30 Memorial Day 2016
What are few ways ways to show honor and respect on Memorial Day?:  

  •  Make a soldier’s day by writing a thank-you card or note to send overseas.
  • Show honor and respect by visiting a local veteran’s cemetery, or war memorial.

  • Visit and take cookies to a nearby Veteran’s hospital.

  • Go to a Memorial Day Parade or watch the National Memorial Day Parade on television.

  • Enjoy freedom by spending time with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment